Saturday, August 8, 2009

Did I get lost???

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I posted! Well, it's been busy to say the least, not even sure I remember everything I've done and everywhere I've been. So I'll just give you the highlights I remember.
Let's see, I did the moving thing a week and a half ago, well I did it again this last week. Yep, you read that right, I moved back into my old truck. I like it better anyway. And that's a long story, so we'll just leave it at that. Niece # 2, who is 10 was going with me this week and all started out well, she spent the night with us last Sunday, we were up early to leave on Monday on our way to Minnesota. Had a good day, got unloaded, back to the little truck stop, had supper, watched DVD's and a good nights sleep. Tuesday morning off to reload and meet up with hubby, and then headed back to the terminal. That was also the day I moved back into my truck, she was a BIG help doing that. And she played with the girls out in the yard at the terminal, they loved that. We stayed at the little truck stop there in town, had a shower, and ordered pizza for our supper. We went to bed, all was well until about 11:45 p.m. when she said Aunt Brenda I can't breathe very well. Hmmmm, ok, have you had this before or is your nose just stuffy? Nope she thought she needed to go to the hospital, ok, don't panic I told myself. I called her Mom, we were only an hour from home, Mom says hmmmmm I really think she's ok. Ok, so she call Dad and says can you come get me, well at about 1:20 a.m. she says she feels better, Thank God and Dad gets there at about 2 a.m.. She just wanted to go home, maybe a little panic attack going on there, but when you're 10 if you want to go home, you want to go home.
So, Wednesday we hooked our loads and headed for Boulder, Co. We hadn't been west in awhile, so the change of scenery was welcomed. We unloaded Friday morning, hubby had a reload out of Nebraska and headed for there, I went back to the truck stop and then headed for Nebraska myself. We met up and headed for home. He delivered this morning, we dropped trailers and came home. Home again, home again, jiggety jog. The girls were as dirty as little pigs so they have already had their baths and laundry is going. We are home a couple of days and then will be heading for Phoenix, again a welcome change of scenery.
I went to my favorite quilting store and my friend Kathy showed me how to needle punch like a pro, so I have been working on that every chance I get. She made it look so easy, but it helped me out just having her show me.
How have you all been???? I have missed being able to get on here and post and read your blogs. So I have some catching up to do! Most of all I've missed your comments, so make sure to leave me a note. I'll get some pics of my projects and post while I'm home.
Hugs, Bren

3 comments:

pammyjo said...

Good grief ... you are busy! I'm so glad you got the professional punch lesson, I had one, but it's been so long I for get. Mine never turns out just right. So .. be ready to share. Giggle! :) Be safe!

WoolenSails said...

You are in trouble now, you will be hooked on punching too, lol. It is addicting.

Debbie

Tolentreasures said...

Wondered where you had been. Sounds as though you have been busy and everywhere. Glad that you got to hit a quilt store.

Cathy