Saturday, July 4, 2009

Pics to Share

Happy 4th of July! We have been having fun all week with our daughter and family here. The Girls day out was another memory filled trip as usual. And family fun all week. I wanted to share a few pics with you.
This is my Sweetie.
My Sister-in-law and I made pies yesterday. A total of 8 pies for the big get together! On the menu will be Strawberry-Rhubarb, Peach, Blackberry, Lemon Meringue, Chocolate, and Apple of course. We had so much fun making these pies. I have always made pies and always had trouble with my crust. We are made from scratch cooks. So she gave me a lesson on pie crust, she learned from her Home Ec teacher. I thought , yeah, yeah, yeah, it'll still turn out crappy and fall apart. I was WRONG! I won't be fighting with my crusts anymore. It worked so well, we called our other friend and she came over to have a lesson. It was a fun filled day with memories we'll treasure. Don't those pies look yummy?

Here's the teacher. She's been my friend for over 30 years, and my Sister-in-law . I'm supposed to be paying attention, but had to get a pic.

Thursday evening, hubby's Sister from Seattle arrived and took all the Sib's out for supper. A local restaurant called Big Muddy's. It sits along the Mississippi with a Great View. From left to right around the table, Hubby's sister Linda, second oldest brother Rick, his wife Kim, oldest brother Doug, his wife Lois, Me, my hubby peeking behind sister Linda's husband Kevin. Youngest brother Rob and his fiancee' were not there. A Great time, great food, and a relaxing view. It was fun to have everyone get together.

Our Girls day out included a stop at our favorite quilting shop. Here my two friends, Kim and Carla. They are my Yaya Sisters, we always have a fun time and make memories we'll treasure forever. If you are ever in the Muscatine, Ia. area, this is a shop to die for, ya gotta stop in!Hope you are having a Happy 4th and enjoy the pics. I'll post more later.
Don't forget to leave me a comment so I know you were here.
Hugs, Bren





2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you are having a great week with your family and friends.

Debbie

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Those pies look and sound delicious! Have a great 4th!!