Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh What Fun it is....At Papa & Yaya's House

What a busy and fun week it's been so far. Ok, we left off when we got home Saturday night. Everyone got settled in and unpacked that evening. Sunday we ran to the grocery store for needed supplies. As you can imagine I don't keep my refrigerator stocked if I'm not going to be here, I keep a few things on hand for the two of us when we are home on the weekend. So the cupboards were bare in the eyes of a 4 and a 6 year old, lol. Not anymore! We cooked out on Sunday, Papa, Daddy and the boys had water gun fights. Oh what fun they had, and how wet they got, lol. On Monday, we needed a few more things from the store, imagine that, lol. And my daughter and I went shopping a bit. I needed some new tops and it was good to have her with me picking out some new things. I don't like some of the styles and don't think they look good on me, but with her along she convinced me to try a few and to my surprise, I liked them and they looked good!
Tuesday, Mommy, Daddy and the boys went shopping. Papa and I stayed home and did some yard work. I worked in the flowers and did some laundry. After lunch we all packed up and went to Uncle Dougs for fishing. As soon as the oldest grandson's pole was in the water he caught the first fish! And about 4 right in a row after that! How fun is that?! I caught a few, Papa caught a few, Daddy caught a few and even the Mommy caught a few. But the best part was when Mommy caught the BIG turtle! It was lots of fun. Uncle Doug and Aunt Lois have Ducks, Geese, and Chickens on the little farm, and that nice pond to fish in. It was relaxing for all. Home we came and I made a pot of Homemade Spaghetti sauce for supper, with garlic bread and all, yummmmy.
This morning Papa and Daddy and the boys are off for Mark Twain Cave in Hannibal, Mo. I remember going there when I was little and thinking that the cave was HUGE. When we took our daughter when she was little, it didn't seem quite as big, lol. But she remembers it as big. So will be fun to see what the boys think of it when they get back. Mommy has a lunch date with one of her college girlfriends. I haven't decided what I will do. Pick up the house, a load of laundry and then.............who knows.
So far we are all having a Great time, but time goes by so quickly. Before you know it they will going home and we will be going back to work.
How is your week going? I'm still catching up on your blogs and leaving notes here and there. I hope you'll leave a comment while you're here. Thanks for visiting my little corner of the blog world. Have a Great day.
Until Next time....
Hugs, Bren

5 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Good morning Bren....It has bee awhile since I've posted here.
You certainly live a busy life kiddo.

And I must say your cupboards/refrigerator sound like ours....we never seem to have the right things for when the little ones come - they have a different idea of what's good! lol

Your time with family sounded so much fun and isn't fishing just the best? It's one past time I love.

Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/
kmprimitives@yahoo.com

basketsnprims said...

Bren~
So glad you are enjoying time with your family. Grandkids are the best.
hugs,
Pam

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like you are having a ball. You need to take pictures so we can see all the fun you are having;)

Debbie

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

Bren ~ What fun you all must be having!!! Grandkids are the BEST! I LOVE LOVE LOVE having mine stay with me. They live 20 minutes away so they come quite often. You and your family have made memories to treasure forever.
Hugs,
Marte

Tolentreasures said...

Sounds like you had a great time and a wonderful visit with you grandchildren! The pies look yummy! I'll bet the time at home was wonderful!

Cathy