Sunday, February 15, 2009

Aloha Kakahiaka--Good Morning

Good Morning from the Islands. It's breezy this morning, but nice. A quiet morning, I've been whale watching from the lanai and gathering my thoughts. We have no plans for today, it's the beginning of the Nascar season and hubby has plans for watching the race. So, I'll use my time to visit your blogs and leave a comment which I haven't done much of recently. Not that I haven't visited them lately, I just haven't taken the time to post you a comment.

While on Maui, I went to the Maui Quilt Shop. A cute little shop, with lots of great fabric crammed in a small space. I purchased the quilt kit pictured below. The pic doesn't do the batik fabric justice. It's a 2 fabric applique quilt. Something new for me and I'm excited to start it. I have plans for it to hang in my bathroom. The pattern is from the Pacific Rim Quilt Company. they hav a site http://www.prqc.com/ if you wanna take a peek.

I also took some time this morning to get my ipod straightened out. I have always had my daughter help me with this, because for some reason I have a mental handicap when it comes to ipods, lol. Well, she's not here, and my ipod didn't work! Wouldn't do a thing, I thought it needed charged , still didn't work. Well, I ended up going on line, reading the manual and TaDa! It works again, amazing what you can do if you read the directions. And, I even learned how to take off the songs I didn't want on there anymore and put different ones on. So proud of myself, lol. Want to download a few new ones to add. Maybe a little Island style music.
Well, that's it from the south Pacific this morning. I hope you have a Great Sunday. I think a walk on the beach and maybe some beach combing are on the agenda for me today.
Leave me a comment................I love hearing from you! Even though I miss family, friends and the girls (Maile and Sofie), I already don't wanna come home. It happens everytime, lol.

A hui hou..........................until we meet again.

2 comments:

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Hi Bren, I'm following your exploits! It makes my vacation longer! Talking about your ipod, a person needs some down time just to learn stuff like that. My hubby learned how to text while we were away!

Colleen

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

I can't find your contact on your blog, can you contact me...I have a fav...do you need woolie pennies? I have a trade if you are interested, something I need from Maui!