Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just another day in Paradise

No real plans for our day yesterday, so we hopped in the car and set out for whatever struck our fancy. We stopped for breakfast at hubby's favorite place, McDonald's, LOL.

Makapu'u Beach, a favorite beach for the locals for Boogie boarding. You can see Rabbit Island in the background. and you might be able to see Turtle Island in the background to the left, so named because it looks like a turtle. Also where Turtle Bay is located.

A stop at my favorite beach, Sandys Beach. Also the beach where President Obama went body surfing. But I go for the relaxation, and looking for treasures. Our daughter and son-in-law will remember this beach. Son-in-law and I found lots of treasures when we were there.

The Byodu In Temple. Located in the Valley of the Temples. It's really beautiful. Peaceful and serene in it's setting.


The scenery along the way. this is actually part of Kualoa Ranch. Lots of activities to do on the ranch. Horse back riding, movie set tours and so on. The TV show Lost is filmed on this property as well as some scenes from a few popluar movies have been shot here.



This was the sunrise yesterday morning taken from our lanai. Our weather has been warm but breezy. Today, Big Surf expected on the North shore so we will go take a look. We had a rain shower last night. So while it rained, I watched from the lanai while I finished up a cross stitch project.
Hope you are all having a Great day.
Mahalo (Thank You) for visiting my blog. Leave me a comment so I'll know you were here, and I love your comments!
Aloha Nui Loa............With much love




7 comments:

Jenn said...

Gorgeous pics! I definitely have to make it to Hawaii one of these days...hopefully sooner than later!

Bren said...

Thanks Jenn. You would LOVE it here I'm sure.

Bren

Miranda said...

Ahh yes Sandys Beach...great memories there. We will get back there someday.

basketsnprims said...

Lovely pictures, Bren. I bet you hate for it to end. Thanks for sharing.
Pam

pammyjo said...

Great pictures. I like the one where you are looking for my special shell. LOL

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

Wow Bren! What a slice of heaven huh? I almost made it to Hawaii ~ my husband and I lived in San Diego where he was stationed (Navy) and hadn't he retired, Hawaii was where we would have gone next.
Smiles,
Marte

My Colonial Home said...

OMGoodness Bren, what beautiful pictures...and look at that tan you are sporting there!
My goodness this is a long vacation....good for you!
Karen